SPRING RACING CARNIVAL @ HOME
For over 26 years, Peter Rowland has been synonymous with the Spring Racing Carnival. In a typical year, we’d:
Serve over 140,000 plated meals
Prepare over 1.2 million canapés
Make enough chicken sandwiches to go around the track at Flemington 2 1/2 times
But this year, with your car parked firmly in your carpark at home, it’s time to break out the dress up box and bust a move in your own VVIP Birdcage Marquee (aka the lounge room!) – CLICK TO ORDER
With a tip of the hat (or fascinator) to all the very best bits of a day out at the track, without the threat of inclement weather, we’ve created Race Day Hampers featuring crowd favourites to enjoy on any – or all! – of the major race days!
TRACKSIDE ESSENTIALS – CLICK TO ORDER
- Mini beef cheek pies
- Mini lamb burgers with whipped feta, pickled cucumber in a brioche roll
- Yakitori chicken with ginger, soy, garlic, toasted sesame and crisp green onions
- Mac and cheese croquettes with bacon jam
and this year, we’ve partnered with the Hope Bakery at Sovereign Hill to include their multi-award winning Sovereign Hill Sausage Rolls.
- Smoked brisket with coleslaw, flat bread, BBQ sauce and beef fat sour cream
- Local cheese platter with apple gel, fresh strawberries and crisp breads
MAKE IT POP – CLICK TO ORDER
Relax and enjoy an all-day grazing menu which includes:
- Kaffir lime poached prawns with saffron aioli and green apple
- Carrot and macadamia nut rice paper rolls
Moving onto Something Substantial:
- Slow cooked salmon with tahini yoghurt, tomato, cucumber, and herb salsa
- Grilled chicken breast with pistachio mayonnaise and watercress
- Baby cos leaf salad with parmesan, sourdough crumb and egg dressing
- Smoked carrots, fried chickpea hummus, olive oil and hazelnuts
- Grilled zucchini with halloumi, lemon, mint parsley and pea pesto.
- Local cheese platter, apple gel, fresh strawberries and crisp breads
- Pina colada macaroons with Kaffir lime, coconut and caramalised pineapple cream
- Native Wild Rosella and white chocolate lamingtons
PETER ROWLAND CHICKEN SANDWICHES
It wouldn’t be a day at the races without our chicken sandwiches! A staple of every race day menu, we usually make up to 45,000 chicken sandwiches each Melbourne Cup Carnival with racegoers adding the popular snack to every menu selection. Don’t forget to add some to your race day order!
These bespoke hampers are available to order for following race days:
TAB Turnbull Stakes Day – Saturday 30th September
Caulfield Cup – Saturday 16th October
Cox Plate – Saturday 23rd October
Penfolds Victorian Derby Day – Saturday 30th October
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 2nd November
Kennedy Oaks Day – Thursday 4th November
Mackinnon Stakes Day – Saturday 6th November
Check our website for order cut off times – usually two days prior but up to 4 days prior for Melbourne Cup Day orders.
Minimum hamper size: two people.
Delivery to within 50km of Melbourne CBD. Delivery fees apply.
If you didn’t post it, did it even happen?
We’d love to see your Birdcage at Home set up! Simply post and tag @peterowlandau and you’ll go into the draw to win a city escape at one of Melbourne’s newest 5 star hotels including;
- Cocktails on arrival in the lounge bar
- One nights accommodation
- 3-course dining experience at the hotel’s restaurant
- Full breakfast
More details on how to enter will be
inside your race day hampers, so get the frocks out and the fascinators ready –
we may be home, but we can still celebrate ‘trackside’ style!